Gamestonk Terminal — Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop
Do any of you know what Docker, Jupyter Lab integration, features website and new features have in common? Well this is what has been happening in Gamestonk Terminal World since last month, and MORE!
- This has been a highly requested feature from our more experienced dev users, as it allows you to run our code in a container, pull the image and then get going with a smooth installation process. You will also be able to run Jupyer Lab from our Docker container.
Jupyter Lab Integration:
- Jupyter is on course to take over the world (see here).
- Big investment banks like JP Morgan use Jupyter too, see this.
- Professionals in the industry such as Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Machine Learning engineers are familiar with the combo dockers+notebooks. Therefore, it makes our terminal an attractive Open-Source project to devote time to.
- Academia students and universities will be able to use terminal data through a notebook for their projects and coursework. We’re on track to be able to achieve something on this soon!
Hugo Website: https://gamestonkterminal.github.io/GamestonkTerminal/
- This will not only simplify a contributor’s documentation process, but it will also let non-Gamestonkers now see the vast number of features we offer and yes, when you read “offer” this is actually an offer since the tool is completely free to use.
Main New features:
- New Dark Pool Shorts menu
- Refactored and improved Crypto menu!!!
- Dark Pool and Crypto report generation
- Excel Discounted Cash Flow created by a MBA student
- Big code refactoring to allow for contributors to easily get started with our codebase
- Contributing document (click here).
Tier 2 features:
- Sentiment Investor data features implemented by the SI team themselves
- Feature/fraud indicators implemented by a MBA student
- Multiple plotting for economy data for more insight extraction
- Screener presets to not miss out on promising tickers
- Several new Technical Analysis indicators, e.g. Fibonacci, Fisher transform, Centre of gravity, zlma, Donchian channels…
- Unusual options activity
- Hot penny stocks in discovery menu
- A contributor implementation of a realtime earnings expected move, from The Geek of Wallstreet
- Several new YahooFinance commands to discover promising tickers
- Refactor Exploratory Data Analysis and Residual Analysis menus into a Quantitative Analysis one
As if this wasn’t enough, we’re also working towards a Discord bot so you can make best use of our terminal when discussing trading strategies with your friends. This was an initiative from a contributor, which just goes to show how much we rely on our community to drive our project.
If you appreciate what we’re doing and want a better free and Open-Source financial tool, you should definitely star the project on our github here, join our Discord channel, and follow our twitter account. Not necessarily in that order! :)
Have you been following our project and want to join our growing community? Here are a few tips on how to get started:
- Join our Discord and tell us about your experience so far
- Let us know what else you would like to see in the terminal
- You can help to improve our crypto terminal, which is 99% taken care of from our contributors!
- Help us add any features! You don’t know python? This may be your cue to learn with our team!
GST Team & Community